About FLAG

My photo
Educate, Enrich and Empower underprivileged girls in the Philippines

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Would you travel 6 hours to go to school?

They will. There are children in remote places in the Philippines who travel by boat, cross rivers, climb mountains just to go school.

How many times do we argue with our own kids to make them go to school in the morning?
Or, we complain in the winter because we have to bundle them up and drive them to school??







It is rainy season back home and most of the schools are flooded because of poor construction and very old infrastracture.  I remember when I little, my mom made me  go to school even if the water was knee deep!
I am 2 days late on my Gratitude Journal - it is never too late to say thank you once again to how lucky our kids are to have the education they have. 

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again,
Hugs,
The F.L.A.G team
LIKE us www.facebook.com/flagphilippines

6 comments:

Debi Gerhart said...

Hi, I am a new follower through the blog hop. Hope to read more Follow me back at Http://thespringmount6pack.com

Ann Jones said...

Interesting blog, I have the days when my oldest doesn't want to go to school, its good to keep it in perspective. Great post! New follower from the weekend blog hop, have a great weekend! You can find me at
http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com

F.L.A.G - Fundamental Learning Academy for Girls said...

to debi and Frugal VW, thanks for the visit, and yes this is not the typical mommy blog :)

Becky Jane said...

It would certainly be good for our kids to visit a place like your home. It would help them feel more grateful for their blessings.

Becky Jane said...

forgot to add...and maybe they would realize that they didn't 'need' so much stuff!

Susan said...

How true!
Our kids don't realize how lucky they are.

xo
babymama