About FLAG

My photo
Educate, Enrich and Empower underprivileged girls in the Philippines

Monday, July 25, 2011

Blog on Fire Award



I'm On fire! WOW! this is my second recognition award to date.  Thanks so Spanish Pinay (www.spanishpinaynanay.blogspot.com ) for this award. 

Kidding aside, listen I'm no Mother Teresa, nor Oprah. I'm just a mom blogger like most of you. 7 things about myself:

  1. Turning 40 this year, yep on my way to Cougartown and proud of it
  2. Proud Mama of two boys - youngest Jordan who to this day I'm trying to convince to go back home to be a tween star ! ( Finally my dream of becoming a Mom-ager)
  3. Married to Jon for 20 years ( there were hiccups along the way, hey who didn't)
  4. I don't know how to SWIM !
  5. I don't wear a wedding ring nor an engagement ring ( I don't see the point)
  6. I was adopted by my aunt so I can have a better life here in Canada ( leaving my father, mom and little sister)
  7. To give back to the universe, my husband and I build a school for girls back in the Philippines.
I have more to tell, but it would be too much to reveal all at once! I will save some for later.


Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again,

Hugs,

Monica

5 comments:

Susan said...

I have learned a thing or two about you girl!
Congrats on the award.
xo

Small Kucing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Small Kucing said...

Hey, I don't know how to swim too. Just 3 yrs younger than you :)

kathy
http://www.smallkucing.com
http://mamakucingbooks.blogspot.com

Becky Jane said...

Congratulations! You've earned this award for sure!

Spanish Pinay said...

I don't know how to swim either - IF I can't touch the floor :-D

You may be no mother teresa nor Oprah but you are Monica who are giving back big time to the universe. There are very few like you... and I do wish one day I may be able to at do at least a hundredth part of what you are able to do :)

Spanish Pinay