Some facts about the Philippines
- located in the South East Asia in the Western Pacific Ocean
- Population 94Million ( est. 2010)
- considered as a third world country
- rich with resources but also rich in graft and corruption
- with the population density, NO JOBS are available even for doctors, lawyers, nurses, teachers.
- Unemployment rate 7.4% as a result we have about 8.4Million Filipinos working all over the world. That's almost the population of Ontario, Canada.
- minimum wage is $100 per month ( $1 CDN = 43 pesos)
- average salary of teacher $320 CDN /month
- For most women/men when they work overseas ( keep in mind some of them are teachers, nurses, physical therapists, engineers and other professionals) will make WAY MORE if they work as a caregiver/nanny.
- They will sacrifice 2, 3 even 5 years before they can see their own children because they are caring for someone else's.
- Most of their income are for their children's education, their cousins, sisters, brothers, parents etc. Most of them who makes "IT" overseas will be the only bread winner for the family ( even extended meaning up to 3rd ,4th cousins)
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again,