About FLAG

My photo
Educate, Enrich and Empower underprivileged girls in the Philippines

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Meet Briony

As much as I love sharing uplifting stories to you and I do want to share some of the challenges we face at our school. 

Meet Briony. She was our poster child. The camera captured her smile when we first met here in 2010.  It was unanimous that her face will be in all our posters, flyers and website.

Smile melted our hearts

Loves to read , she is so engage!


Briony has been attending the regular public school system after completing her one year at F.L.A.G.  We knew she has a lot of potential and can break the cycle of poverty within her family.  She is one of the 3 siblings who are currently in our school. While the other 2 are still in school, her mom needed help at home.  She is pregnant with her 7th child and going through a difficult pregnancy.  Carol ( the  mom) pulled her out of school to look after their youngest sibling (1 year old).  We are all heart broken when we found out about this.  No word on when she will come back to school.  This will pull her back another year since she did not complete the Grade 1 program.  Briony is 9 years old. 
As of now, we don't know all the details. Within the next 3 months while I am in the Philippines, I will be on a MISSION.  I need all the prayers and girl power from everyone to make a difference not only to Briony's life but for every girl that deserves this second chance.
Celebrating International Women's Day !
Thank you for stopping by,

Hugs,
Monica


7 comments:

Czjai said...

Hi Monica!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm thrilled that you found my site useful, but I am even more honored to have met you and FLAG!

Our country is truly blessed to have people like you and your husband who go out of their way to help those who are in need.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm sure those girls are very thankful for this gift of education.

Do let me know if there are ways in which I could help you and FLAG. I'd be more than glad to lend a hand. :)

Susan said...

i will pray for her and you! what a sweetie.

F.L.A.G - Fundamental Learning Academy for Girls said...

We need all the prayers , thanks Susan

F.L.A.G - Fundamental Learning Academy for Girls said...

We will keep in touch. Thanks for the kind comments xo Monica

Spanish Pinay said...

Please know that you are backed up with tons and tons of prayers from your prayer warrior bloggy friends!

Spanish Pinay

Kristeta  (kalokang Pinay) said...

It is a shame. I do hope and pray that she could go back to school next school year.

Those girls are blessed to have you & your husband to help them. My prayers are with you and all the girls n your program.

joy said...

It breaks my heart to read stories like that girl, but prayers can do miracles. Yes i Will include these girls in my prayer. And you too:)