About FLAG

My photo
Educate, Enrich and Empower underprivileged girls in the Philippines

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Meet Chrisdel..

Jon and I met Chrisdel in 2010, there was something special about her. She was always smiling, friendly and playful.  We were complete strangers to her. 

This is Chrisdel in 2010. She was 6 years old at that time. She wants to be a nurse when she grows up.

With her strong faith and hope, look at her now. After only 1 year in FLAG and with the help of her teachers and volunteers, she graduated top of her class! She will be going to a regular public school in June 2011. Her dream of being a nurse has begun.This is Chrisdel during  her speech at our graduation.  There were no dry eyes in the crowd. I felt her overwhelming gratitude to all the people who supported her for the last year. Just thinking about that day bring tears to my eyes.

2 comments:

Christin said...

The work that ya'll do is amazing. I'm so happy I can watch the journey of this organization! It's truely awesome! Newly folling from voiceBoks.com

mom in rome said...

how pretty !!! :)
thanks for stopping by! :)